American Classics New Product Announcement
May 8, 2017
RESER’S ADDS EGG SALAD AND PIMENTO CHEESE TO POPULAR DELI SALAD LINE AND REMOVES HFCS AND ARTIFICIAL COLORS AND FLAVORS
New protein-packed egg salad and retro-cool pimento cheese offer great taste and versatility without any artificial colors or artificial flavors
Beaverton, OR. May, 2017 – – Reser’s is introducing two new products to its popular line of refrigerated deli salads: American Classics Egg Salad and American Classics Pimento Cheese. In addition, Reser’s is removing high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) as well as all artificial colors and artificial flavors across the entire American Classics™ deli salad product line. This includes many party and tailgate favorites such as: potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, baked beans and protein-packed salads.
“Retailers and consumers asked for this change and we listened,” states Nathan Roe, category manager. “Health conscious consumers read labels and want to feel good about what they serve their families. Our culinary team worked hard to deliver the same great taste while removing high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and artificial flavors.”
Reser’s line of American Classics deli salads is growing with the release of two new products. “Egg salad is one of the top selling varieties of protein salads and is traditionally most popular in the South and Midwest. Pimento Cheese offers a fun taste of Americana and can now be found everywhere from school lunches, to food carts, to restaurants, to the golf course,” states Roe.
- American Classics Egg Salad. A tasty combination of diced hard boiled eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, black pepper, diced onion and celery, with a touch of lemon juice. This is the first American Classics protein option for vegetarians. It contains no HFCS or any artificial colors and flavors. The suggested retail price of each 12oz package is $5.99.
- American Classics Pimento Cheese. A creamy blend of mild cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, pimentos, paprika and a dash of red hot sauce. This retro-cool Southern staple is catching on across the country in the fast-growing dips and spreads segment. It contains no HFCS or any artificial colors and flavors. The suggested retail price of each 12oz package is $5.99.
The new product recipes feature a “cleaner” ingredient label while retaining the same crowd-pleasing flavors. Updates include:
- Removal of high fructose corn syrup
- Removal of artificial colors
- Removal of artificial flavors
Roe adds, “We also gave our packaging a facelift, while keeping the iconic red lid for easy identification.” Design features include:
- Translucent container
- Large variety name
- A clean white background to the lid label
- Wrap around photography
- Ingredient claims on the side of the package
American Classics Egg Salad and American Classics Pimento Cheese is now available. The suggested retail price on each 12oz package is $5.99. For sales, contact 1-800-333-6431 or visit www.resers.com
Reser’s Fine Foods
Family owned and operated, Reser’s is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes and prepared foods. For more than 65 years, Reser’s has been making fun times easy and affordable for every family. Reser’s famous deli salads and sides are family favorites at the race track, picnics, BBQs and tailgates. Founded in 1950, the company remains committed to providing delicious refrigerated foods for the supermarket and food service industries. Reser’s operates 18 facilities in the United States and Mexico and employs more than 4,000 employees in the United States, Mexico and Canada. Visit www.resers.com.
Sunshine Morrison, Radiance Communications Email: firstname.lastname@example.org