WINNERS TO COMPETE FOR $10,000 GRAND PRIZE AT WORLD FOOD CHAMPIONSHIPS IN LAS VEGAS
September 17, 2012
Beaverton, Ore. – September 17, 2012 – Today, Reser’s Fine Foods® announced the top five recipe winners in its “America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge.” In May, Reser’s invited potato salad lovers to submit their favorite and unique potato salad recipe for the chance to win $10,000 and compete at the World Food Championships in Las Vegas. Home cooks answered the call and submitted more than 600 entries. Reser’s selected the top 10 recipes and then asked America to help choose the top five winners.
“People are passionate about potato salad. We received 5,472 votes on Facebook. Our culinary team selected the winning recipes through focus groups, taste panels, and online voting,” shares Lacey Werner, assistant category manager. “The top five recipes feature classic, as well as creative, takes on this favorite BBQ side salad. With ingredients like eggplant, mangoes, sausage and Greek yogurt, we have a great range of delicious winning salads.”
Top 5 Winning Recipes (in random order):
- All-American Caprese Grilled Potato Salad submitted by Laurie L., Essex MADo you pledge allegiance to great taste? This salad features red, white and blue potatoes, juicy tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Roasted Tuscan Potato Salad submitted by Cheryl L,. Wake Forest, NCBring Italy home with this salad featuring feta, eggplant, oregano and Under the Tuscan Sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bruschetta Sausage Salad submitted by Karie H., Milton, WAItalian chicken sausage and creamy brie elevate this salad into something truly extraordinary.
- Roasted Sweet Mangotato Salad submitted by Lindsey C., Dallas, TXSweet and spicy. Roasted sweet potatoes are paired with fresh mangoes and Serrano peppers in this creative take on a picnic classic.
- Greek Tzatziki Potato Salad submitted by Dawn M.,Warren, PACan’t make it to the Greek Islands? Then whip up this Mediterranean-inspired dish packed with Kalamata olives, feta and marinated artichoke hearts.
The top five recipe winners will be featured in a digital cookbook, receive a $1,000 cash prize, plus a $1,000 travel stipend to compete at the World Food Championships in Vegas where they will compete for the $10,000 grand prize. Contest updates will be posted by Reser’s on Facebook and Twitter.
The top five winners will be invited to compete at the World Food Championships in Las Vegas (November 2-4, 2012) for a chance to win the $10,000 grand prize.
Among the judges panel for the Reser’s America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge will be celebrity chefs Marc Murphy and Antonia Lofaso. Marc Murphy is the star of The Food Network’s “Chopped” and is the head chef and owner of Landmarc and Ditch Plains, both located in New York City. Antonia is known as a widely popular chef with featured appearances on Bravo’s “Top Chef: Chicago” and “Top Chef All-Stars.” Antonia is author of the Busy Mom’s Cookbook, star of “Beat the Chefs” on GSN and chef at Black Market Liquor Bar in Los Angeles, Calif.
Oregon-based Reser’s is the leading North American provider of deli salads, fresh salads, side dishes and prepared foods. Founded in 1950 by Earl and Mildred Reser, the company remains privately owned and operated and committed to providing delicious foods for the supermarket and food service industries. For more information, visit www.resers.com.