MASHED POTATOES WITH CARAMEL APPLES AND BACON
By Ben Vaughn
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Coat a 12 x 9 by baking dish with 1 tablespoon of oil and set aside.
- Heat the Reser’s Signature Mashed Potatoes until they are warm throughout, about 5 minutes. Mix in the cream cheese and bacon.
- In a separate pan, sauté the apples until light brown and tender, then drizzle in the caramel and reduce the heat to low. Continue to sauté the apples in the caramel for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes and bacon to a well-oiled baking dish. Add your cooked apples and caramel to the top of the bacon potato mixture. Recipe can be prepared up to this point 24 hours ahead; cover and chill.
- Bake casserole uncovered until the topping is golden brown and the center of the potatoes are 135°F or about 25 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 large apples, diced
- 24 oz. Reser’s Signature Mashed Potatoes
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup cooked crispy bacon
- Salt to taste