FRENCH ONION DIP MASHED SWEET POTATOES
By Ben Vaughn
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Roast the sweet potatoes whole until a thin skewer inserted into the potatoes shows no resistance, about 1 ½ hours. Remove from oven, and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan and add the Reser’s French Onion Dip, then cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Peel the sweet potato skin, and add the flesh to bowl with the Reser’s French Onion Dip and the chopped thyme. Beat with the whisk attachment or a handheld mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt. Garnish as a casserole with the fried onion straws.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 8 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Reser’s French Onion Dip
- 1/2 cup prepared fried onion straws