Preview – 2019 Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway
September 18, 2019
Erik Jones / No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry Preview
Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway
No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry News and Notes:
- JONES AT RICHMOND RACEWAY: Erik Jones will make his sixth-career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start this weekend at Richmond Raceway driving the No. 20 CRAFTSMAN Toyota Camry. In his five previous starts in the Cup Series at the .75-mile track, Jones has earned one top-10 finish and four top-15 finishes with a best finish of sixth in 2017. Jones also has four starts at the track in the Xfinity Series, earning three top-five finishes with a best finish of second in 2016.
- JGR AT LAS RICHMOND RACEWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 135 total starts at Richmond Raceway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned 15 wins, 43 top-five finishes, 72 top-10 finishes and seven pole starting positions. The team has led 4,747 laps, completed 53,277 of 54,086 attempted laps (98.5%) and earned an average start of 14.1 and an average finish of 12.4. Kyle Busch leads the team with six wins, Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin each have three wins and Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards and Martin Truex, Jr. have each recorded one win for JGR at the Virginia short track.
- THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: This week the No. 20 Toyota Camry will feature the familiar red and black paint scheme of CRAFTSMAN for the second race of the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs.
- 2019 PLAYOFFS: Jones currently sits 16th in the 2019 NASCAR Cup Series Playoff point standings following a 36th-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. With two races remaining in round one, Jones is 26 points behind the cutoff spot for the second round of the 2019 Playoffs.
- LAS VEGAS RACE RECAP: Starting from the 26th position at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Jones was able to move in to the top 10 before a mechanical issue at the start of stage two forced the No. 20 team to the garage for repairs. Jones was able to return to the track, but was multiple laps down. The team earned a 36th-place finish.
- RACE INFO: The Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond Raceway is scheduled for Saturday, September 21, 2019. Coverage will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, MRN Radio, SIRIUS XM Channel 90 and NBC Sports App.
CRAFTSMAN is the American icon that homeowners, home builders, auto enthusiasts and master mechanics have trusted since 1927 – and today’s CRAFTSMAN continues that legacy. With a focus on reliable, high-performance tools, storage and equipment, CRAFTSMAN has revived its long-established pride in superior quality. Now it’s easier than ever to get the tools trusted for generations at more places than ever. For more information visit www.craftsman.com or follow CRAFTSMAN on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.