2ND ANNUAL “AMERICA’S BEST POTATO SALAD CHALLENGE” INVITES CONSUMERS TO ENTER RECIPE CONTEST
March 26, 2013
By / March 26, 2013
Beaverton, Ore. (April 1, 2013) — Reser’s “America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge” is back for the second year and potato salad lovers are invited to submit their original recipes featuring this potassium-packed vegetable. The top nine contest winners will be invited to compete in the America’s Best Potato Salad Championship in Las Vegas at the World Food Championships and have a chance to win the $10,000 grand prize.
“People are passionate about potatoes!” states Lacey Werner, associate category manager. “Last year, more than 600 home cooks across the country sent us some really creative takes on this picnic and BBQ favorite. We can’t wait to see what people will whip up this year.” Werner adds, “We’re also inviting contestants to submit a photo and share any fun or interesting stories behind their recipe. We’d love to know if it has been a closely guarded family secret that’s been handed down for generations or maybe it’s an entirely new take on a classic side dish.”
Recipes will be evaluated based on appearance, taste and originality. Consumers are now invited to go to www.resers.com/potatosaladcontest to submit their recipe and find detailed contest information.
- Top 20 winners will be featured in Reser’s “America’s Best Potato Salad” digital cookbook.
- Top 9 winners will each receive $1,000 plus a $1,000 travel stipend to compete in the America’s Best Potato Salad Championship in Las Vegas at the World Food Championships (Nov. 7-10).
- Top 5 winners will receive cash prizes ranging from $200-$3,000
- Grand prize winner will receive $10,000.
- Apr. 1, 2013 Recipes can now be submitted at www.resers.com/potatosaladcontest
- Jul. 12, 2013 Contest closes at midnight PDT
- Aug. 12, 2013 Top 20 recipes announced and online; voting opens at 8 am PDT
- Aug. 30, 2013 Voting closes as of midnight PDT
- Sept. 23, 2013 Reser’s announces the top 9 winners; invited to compete in to Las Vegas!
- Nov. 7-10, 2013 The top 9 winners will compete at the America’s Best Potato Salad Championship at the World Food Championships
- Nov. 11, 2013 Re-cap of the championship event, winner’s announced online
Oregon-based Reser’s is the leading North American provider of deli salads, fresh salads, side dishes and prepared foods. Reser’s makes fun times easy and affordable for every family. Reser’s famous potato salad is a family favorite at picnics, BBQs and tailgaters across the country. Founded in 1950 by Earl and Mildred Reser, the company remains privately owned and operated and committed to providing delicious foods for the supermarket and food service industries. Reser’s employs approximately 4,800 people in 18 facilities in the U.S. and Mexico. Visit www.resers.com.